photo z3copy_zps6b8a5f42copy_zps942c5d66.png

11.4.13

warning... this stuffs about to get deep

I know Im only young and all but when I look at how I was a couple of years ago and how I am now I cant help but feel grown up. When I was in intermediate I personally felt like I wasn't me, and the phase that I briefly talked about in my "100 facts" (below) hadn't worn off. Yeah I know that everyone's trying to find themselves in their school years but when I think about my own experiences I couldn't quite understand why I had to go through this stage of life so early. Yesterday found a quote explaining exactly how I feel about that time 

//That ain't me, that ain't my face. It wasn't even me when I was trying to be that face. I wasn't even really me them; I was just being the way I looked, the way people wanted.

I understand-now that I think about it- is that the reason I so badly wanted to be someone I wasn't was because (it sounds so cliché) I desired acceptance, not knowing that I already was accepted In my Heavenly Fathers eyes. Elder Kopishke's talk about acceptance depicts exactly my emotions at this great time of struggle. He said the words "The feeling of being accepted by someone we love is a basic human need...... It increases our sense of self-worth and self-confidence. Those who cannot find acceptance from desirable sources often seek it elsewhere"
That my friends, is exactly what I did. I don't know the exact reason why I wanted to share this with everyone but I do know that we all go through trials and maybe to all those who are younger than me, maybe they can learn from my mistakes and quickly turn themselves to our lord and savior Jesus Christ. If you are reading this and going through what I did I hope that you will take Joseph Smiths words into consideration “Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice—yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command—they are accepted of me.” Find acceptance in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and eventually you'l accept yourself.
For more of Elder Kopishke's talk go here 
I pray that you will find yourself as I did.


Me at 12 years of age... Really... I know... I look like Im 20...
I thought I was cool haha!




I laughed when I found this photo cause the caption said "Just have fun" 
LOL what a marvelous motto I lived by...not :P hehe
Yes everyone... please learn from my mistakes haha

No comments:

Post a Comment